CEPT Practice B1 Level Long Listening about going to an indoor climbing centre

 


You will hear an interview with a teenager called Simon about going to an indoor climbing centre that has a climbing wall.

1 Simon’s mum decided to take him to the climbing centre because
A she had enjoyed going there.
B her friend had recommended it.
C Simon had been there with his school.

2 Before he went to the centre, Simon was
A worried about going climbing there.
B interested in seeing the climbing wall.
C disappointed to hear it was all indoors.

3 Simon says that at the centre there were
A lots of people when it opened.
B many different types of people.
C no other people his age.

4 What did Simon think about the climbing wall?
A He thought it looked very high.
B He was afraid he might fall.
C He found the foot holes helpful.

5 Why was Simon unhappy with his first climb?
A He was slower than everyone else.
B He found it hurt his arms.
C He didn't get to the top.

6 What does Simon feel he learnt from climbing at the centre?
A how to improve his fitness
B to think before he does something
C the best way to work with other people

c
h
e
c
k

y
o
u
r

a
n
s
w
e
r
s

Woman: Hello, everyone! Today we're discussing adventure activities, and I'm talking to Simon Benito, who recently went with his mum to an indoor climbing centre. Simon, what
gave your mum the idea to take you there?

Simon: Well, last year my school had a trip to the centre, but I missed it because I was sick. Then recently she went with a friend and tried it herself - and she loved it! So after that she wanted to take me, too.

Woman: And what did you think when your mum suggested going to the centre?
Simon: Well, I knew I was OK at climbing - we've been climbing on holidays - and I thought we'd do something similar at the centre. I was really looking forward to it. But then my mum explained that the wall was inside. I wasn't so interested when I heard that - I
prefer being outside.

Woman: But did you meet lots of people there?
Simon: Well, yes - that was great! It was early morning when we arrived and the centre had just opened, so it was quiet, but lots of people came later in the morning - and for once I wasn't the youngest! I'd expected it'd be mainly young people there, but there were people of all ages - serious climbers, mums with five-year olds ... and teenagers like me'

Woman: So what was the climbing wall like?
Simon: Well, ·luckily it had rocks of different sizes to help you climb. So there was little chance of falling off. And I'd imagined it would look high before you started to climb, but actually it didn't seem that far to the top. There were lots of really useful holes all over
it, too, to put your feet in - green ones for an easy climb, red for more difficult.

Woman: So what was your first climb like? Was it easy?
Simon: No! The instructor showed us what to do and I thought I'd soon get to the top, but I was the last to get there, so I was annoyed with myself. The instructor warned us it can be painful for your arms, too, but ! didn't notice. And I did improve.

Woman: So what did you learn from your visit?
Simon: Well, it was great to be with other people who all like doing the same thing! And when I was climbing I had to think carefully where to put my feet before I moved - so that's helped me to think first before I do things. It's shown me that I am fitter than my
friends who spend too much time on their computers.

Woman: Well, thanks, Simon!

1 A       
2 c     
3 B     
4 c       
5 A      
6 B

1 comment:

  1. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete

CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY || CEPT DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY AND AUDIO SCRIPT

  Part 1 - LISTENING LISTEN AND SELECT ( Short listening – text answer ) For this question, choose the correct answer . Read the questio...