CEPT Practice C2 level open cloze test about Queen Victoria (1 minute to answer)

 


QUEEN VICTORIA 

Victoria first learned of her future role as a princess (0) during a history lesson when she was 10 years old. (1) .................................................... four decades later, Victoria's governess recalled that the future queen reacted to the discovery (2) ....................... declaring, "I will be good". This combination of earnestness and egotism marked Victoria (3) .................... a child of the age that bears her name. (4) .................... was an era of industrialisation and colonial expansion (5) ........................ had not happened before. By the end of her reign, about a third of the known world was (6) .................. her rule. (7) ............................. , the queen herself was resistant to technological change (8) ................................ while mechanical and technological innovation was reshaping the face of European civilization. (9) ................................... Significantly, Victoria was a queen determined to retain political power; yet she presided (10) ..................... the transformation of the sovereign's political role into a ceremonial (11) ......................... and thus helped to preserve the English monarchy. When Victoria became queen, the political role of the crown was by (12) ......................... means clear or defined; nor (13) ............................ the permanence of the throne (14) ............................. When she died, the change in the monarch's roles was one of social (15) ............................ than of political focus. 


c

h

e

c

k


y

o

u

r


a

n

s

w

e

r

s


1. Over / Nearly / Almost

2. by

3. as

4. It

5. which

6. under

7. However

8. even

9. Most

10. over

11. one

12. no

13. was

14. itself

15. rather


2 comments:

  1. REAL POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL CASTER DR JUMBA +1 908 517 4108


    I just want to share my experience with the entire world on how I got my husband back and saved my marriage… I was married for 5 years with 2 kids and I have been living happily with my family until things started getting ugly with me and my husband that leads us to fights and arguments almost every time… it got worse at a point that my husband filed for divorce… I tried my best to make him change his mind & stay with me cause I loved him with all my heart and didn't want to lose my husband but everything just didn't work out… He moved out of the house and still went ahead to file for divorce… I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful, great spell caster called Dr Jumba, Who eventually helped me out… I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try it because I was desperate and left with no choice… He did the spell for me and things really worked out as he promised and my husband had a change of mind and came back home to stay with me and the kids. And promise never to hurt me again. We are living happily as it was with the help of Dr Jumba. If you are in need of help you can contact Dr Jumba via email wiccalovespelltools@gmail.com. You can also contact him through whatsapp +1 908 517 4108 .
    website : https://drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete

CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY || CEPT DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY AND AUDIO SCRIPT

  Part 1 - LISTENING LISTEN AND SELECT ( Short listening – text answer ) For this question, choose the correct answer . Read the questio...