B1 Level Listening about Poetry competition for schools

 


You will hear a schoolteacher talking to a group of students about a national poetry competition. For each question, fill in the missing information in the numbered space.


Poetry Competition for Schools

The competition for 11-14s is called the 
(1) _____ Prize.
The topic for this year is (2) ______ .
The tide of last year's winning poem was 
(3) ________ .
This year the prize money available is 
(4) ______ euros.
If successful, the school will spend the money on the (5) _____ .
For further help, see the (6) _____ .

c
h
e
c
k

y
o
u
r

a
n
s
w
e
r
s

Audioscript
Teacher: Now could everyone sit down, please. I've got an important announcement to make. As you know, the national school poetry competitions that we usually enter are starting soon. All the competitions are named after animals. One of the competitions, called the Dolphin Prize, is for 15- to 19-year olds. So if you have older brothers and sisters in the school, get them to enter that one. But the one for people of your age, the Tiger Prize, is the one we'd like you to go for. We hope lots of you will try. As some of you may remember, the theme for last year was 'Weather'. This time the judges have chosen the topic 'Change', and that could cover a lot of things, couldn't it? A new school, a different house, for example .. .
So, if you want to enter the competition but you're stuck for ideas, have a look at last year's winner on the competition website. You may know the girl who wrote it - Maria Mason from our school with her poem called 'Trains'. She also got a little book of her poems, called 'Travelling' published as part of her prize. Maria won some money for the school, too - one thousand euros. And this time that's gone up to two thousand, which is very generous. If anyone in the school wins, we'd like to use the money for the library, as we feel that's the right way for it to be spent. Marla's prize money last year was spent on the new computer software. Now, you may feel you'd like to enter the competition but need some more help. If that's the case, you can look at the website. The head of English, Mr Winters, has said you will find it really useful.

1 tiger
2 change
3 trains
4 two thousand/2,000
5 library
6 website



5 comments:

  1. I am FRED and i want quickly recommend DR NCUBE for a Job well done by
    curing me from the genital herpes disease that have be giving me sleepless night. if you want to contact him, Simply do that via email drncube03@gmail.com or 
    call/whatsapp +2348155227532
    he also have #herbs for
    #hiv/aids
    #cancerdisease 
    #fibroid 
    #diabetes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don’t know the right words to express my gratitude to this great man Dr. Erayo, After been diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. i was given so many health prescription and advice with no improvement, I totally lost hope, until i found testimonies of Great Dr. Erayo online research and on Facebook, Like anybody would be, I was very skeptical about contacting him, but i later did and he opened up to me and told me what was involved and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, I was cured from herpes by the herbal medication I received from him. I never thought that herpes can be cured, from the bottom of my heart I'm truly grateful, i pray you have long life so you can help many more people on earth with your herbal medical support. You can reach him via email; drerayoherbalhome@gmail.com or for easy and fast communication you can also call or add him on whatsapp with this mobile number +2348151937428. one thing i love most about Dr Erayo is honesty, and he is very polite with his patients, everything he told me was what he did, and his herbal medicine are very affordable.
    He also cure the below listed sickness;
    (1) HPV,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) HEPATITIS B,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    https://alternativeherbs.weebly.com
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp2m-_EHnCRQT4gYYTQWtg
    https://rb.gy/yuofn6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to God and also to Dr. OBINA, the great herbal man that cured me from HERPES. I contacted the virus from my partner three years ago, i almost spent all i had because i was restless and i need to get rid of the virus and i did not rest until i saw people testimony about Dr. OBINA recommendation online for how he has being curing HERPES with his herbs and i emailed him and tell him my problem and he prepare my cure and send it to me and gave me instructions on how to use the herbs and behold after i finish drinking it i went to the hospital for checkup and the result was negative and the virus was completely gone from my body. You can contact Dr. OBINA to get your herbs too and cure yourself from these virus. His Email: obinnaspelltemple@yahoo.com or add him on WhatsApp +19492293867 Dr. OBINA has cure so many different type of diseases with his herbs such as HERPES, HIV/AIDS. CANCER of all kinds, HSV 1&2, DIABETES and so many more. I want to thank God for using Dr. OBINA to cure me from herpes. Dr. OBINA is truly gifted by God. add him on WhatsApp +19492293867

    ReplyDelete
  4. GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK.

    This is my testimony of life that I will tell everyone. I have been married for 25 years Another woman had a spell to get me away from my lover, My husband left me and the children and we suffered for 2 years until I saw post about where this man Dr Omokpo has helped so many people recover their broken marriages and relationships to get their ex lovers back and I decided to give him a message about my family and how my husband left me for him to help me bring back my loving husband home, This great man told me what to do and I followed him as he instructed. After 48 hours, as he told me, I saw a car enter the house. I was shocked when I saw my husband. He came back to me and the kids and that's why I'm happy to put all of you in the same situations to meet this man and bring your lover back to you and mend your broken marriage or your restored relationship back to happiness as you wished. Contact this great man on: dromokpo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK & HOW I GOT MY EX LOVER. BACK I want to thank Dr Omokpo for saving my marriage. My husband treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my husband has changed towards me. Then he told me to contact: {dromokpo@gmail.com}that he will help me bring my husband back to being a good man. That this great man helped her too.

    Then I contacted him after 3 days of casting the spell my husband came back home and I forgive him and today we are living in joy and happiness If you are going through any relationship stress or broken marriage situation and you want your Ex lover, Ex boyfriend, Ex girlfriend or Divorced husband or wife back you reach him via: dromokpo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY || CEPT DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY AND AUDIO SCRIPT

  Part 1 - LISTENING LISTEN AND SELECT ( Short listening – text answer ) For this question, choose the correct answer . Read the questio...