CEPT Practice B1 Level EXTENDED listening about an arts festival

 


You will hear a recorded message about an arts festival.


1 The festival takes place from

A 12 to 8 May.

B 2 to 20 May.

C 12 to 28 May.


2 What is on at the Theatre Royal on 19 May?

A jazz B opera C classical music


3 During lunchtime jazz concerts at the Corn Exchange they sell

A soft drinks and sandwiches.

B wine and sandwiches.

C soft drinks and light meals.


4 What is on at the cathedral?

A music B poetry C films


5 What does the festival programme offer at Ickworth?

A a walk and a book reading

B a concert and a meal

C a walk and a concert


6 You can’t use a credit card if you book

A by post. B by fax. C by telephone.


c

h

e

c

k


y

o

u

r


a

n

s

w

e

r

s


Audioscript

Message: This is the Arts Festival Box Office. There is no one here to take your call, but do not hang up, as further information follows.

The Festival begins on the 12th of May and continues to the 28th. There are things happening in several parts of the town itself, and outside it.

At the Theatre Royal, there will be a series of concerts, starting with jazz singer Elaine Delmar on the 12th of May. George Melly brings his own special kind of jazz and fun to the theatre on the 13th of May. On Thursday the 19th of May, there is the opera Faust. For classical music fans, the Brodsky String Quartet appear on the 23rd of May.

There are also concerts at the Corn Exchange. For people who prefer dance music, we have the London All Stars Steel Band on Sunday the 15th of May. On Thursday the 19th of May we welcome back the Viennese Gala Orchestra, who are regular performers at the Festival. Finally, also at the Com Exchange, there will be a series of jazz concerts each Friday at 1 o’clock. During these lunch-time concerts a bar will be open for the sale of wine and we are offering free soft drinks. Sandwiches will also be on sale. Light meals can be bought in the restaurant afterwards.

There are various other musical performances in the cathedral, and poetry readings in one of the town’s churches. The Film Society has arranged to show a film of Mozart's opera Oon Giovanni at the theatre. Our programme has full details.

lckworth House, just outside me town, is joining in the Festival as usual. There is a guided walk around Ickworth Park on Sunday the 15th, which will last about two and a half hours. Also, on the 19th oT May, we have a special concert of piano music, given by Oliver Davies in the beautiful lckworth Library. The price of tickets includes coffee and biscuits and you are advised to book early, as this is always especially popular.

For more information. send for our Festival programme or visit the Box Office from 10.00 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays to Fridays, or 12.00 to 8 p.m. on Saturdays. Bookings can be made in person (cash, cheque or credit card), by post (cheques only), or by telephone (credit cards only). We also accept credit card bookings by fax, on 0284 706035. For these bookings, you must use our booking form.

Thank you for calling.


1 C

2 B

3 B

4 A

5 C

6 A


5 comments:

  1. My name is Stephanie Janet .This is a very joyful day of my life because of the help PRIEST OSAS has rendered to me by helping me get my ex husband back with his magic and love spell. i was married for 6 years and it was so terrible because my husband was really cheating on me and was seeking for a divorce but when i came across PRIEST OSAS email on the internet on how he help so many people to get their ex back and help fixing relationship and make people to be happy in their relationship. I explained my situation to him and then sought his help but to my greatest surprise he told me that he will help me with my case and here I am now celebrating because my Husband has changed totally for good. He always wants to be by me and can not do anything without my present. I am really enjoying my marriage, what a great celebration. I will keep on testifying on the internet because PRIEST OSAS  is truly a real spell caster. DO YOU NEED HELP THEN CONTACT PRIEST OSAS NOW VIA EMAIL:Unsurpassed.solution@gmail.com or call WhatsApp +1(419) 359-4367  He is the only answer to your problem and make you feel happy in your relationship
    https://unsurpassedsolution.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am FRED and i want quickly recommend DR NCUBE for a Job well done by
    curing me from the genital herpes disease that have be giving me sleepless night. if you want to contact him, Simply do that via email drncube03@gmail.com or 
    call/whatsapp +2348155227532
    he also have #herbs for
    #hiv/aids
    #cancerdisease 
    #fibroid 
    #diabetes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don’t know the right words to express my gratitude to this great man Dr. Erayo, After been diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. i was given so many health prescription and advice with no improvement, I totally lost hope, until i found testimonies of Great Dr. Erayo online research and on Facebook, Like anybody would be, I was very skeptical about contacting him, but i later did and he opened up to me and told me what was involved and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, I was cured from herpes by the herbal medication I received from him. I never thought that herpes can be cured, from the bottom of my heart I'm truly grateful, i pray you have long life so you can help many more people on earth with your herbal medical support. You can reach him via email; drerayoherbalhome@gmail.com or for easy and fast communication you can also call or add him on whatsapp with this mobile number +2348151937428. one thing i love most about Dr Erayo is honesty, and he is very polite with his patients, everything he told me was what he did, and his herbal medicine are very affordable.
    He also cure the below listed sickness;
    (1) HPV,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) HEPATITIS B,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    https://alternativeherbs.weebly.com
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp2m-_EHnCRQT4gYYTQWtg
    https://rb.gy/yuofn6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy marijuana , Buy mdma, Buy Methamphetamins, Buy cocaine , Buy ketamine racemic, Buy Benzodiazepines, Buy Heroin,Buy hash, Buy hash oil, Buy cookies, Buy brownies, Buy tinctures , Buy weeds online , Buy marijuana online, Buy marijuana seeds, buy cannabis oil.

    Telegram ID: hugmankush
    Wechat ID: leewung
    Wickr ID: hugmankush
    Email: jordanchapman20@gmail.com

    Prices for Cocain.
    20 grams......$1950
    50 grams......$3900
    1 kilo ............$48000
    2 kilos ............$78000

    Weed prices.
    1 pound.........$2800
    1 kilo ............$5000
    2 kilos ..........$8000

    Crytal meth ice prices.
    20 grams......$1550
    50 grams......$3000
    1 kilo ............$37000
    2 kilos ............$70000

    Telegram ID: hugmankush
    Wechat ID: leewung
    Wickr ID: hugmankush
    Email: jordanchapman20@gmail.com

    We only accept payment through Bitcoin, make sure before you contact us you have your bitcoin ready.

    We also sale Guns Firearms 1911 Handguns AR-15s Concealed Carry
    Shotguns, Ruger LCR 38 Special Double-Action Revolver, Smith Wesson Model 60 357 Magnum/ 38 Special Revolver Glock 17,19,22

    Buy Weed online Luxembourg | Weed for sale online Luxembourg | Order Weed online Luxembourg | Buy Weed online in Luxembourg | Weed for sale in Luxembourg | Order Weed Luxembourg | Buy Cocaine online Canada | Cocaine for sale online Canada | Order Cocaine online Canada | Buy Cocaine online in Canada | Cocaine for sale online in Canada | Order Cocaine online in Canada | Nembutal for sale , Order Nembutal , Buy Nembutal online , Nembutal for sale australia , Order Nembutal australia , Buy Nembutal online australia , Nembutal for sale Sydney , Order Nembutal Sydney , Buy Nembutal online Sydney , Nembutal for sale Melbourne , Order Nembutal Melbourne , Buy Nembutal online Melbourne , Nembutal for sale Brisbane , Order Nembutal Brisbane , Buy Nembutal online Brisbane , Nembutal for sale Greater Perth , Order Nembutal Greater Perth , Buy Nembutal online Greater Perth , Nembutal for sale Adelaide , Order Nembutal Adelaide , Buy Nembutal online Adelaide , Nembutal for sale Darwin , Order Nembutal Darwin , Buy Nembutal online Darwin , Nembutal for sale Hobart , Order Nembutal Hobart , Buy Nembutal online Hobart , Nembutal for sale Canberra , Order Nembutal Canberra , Buy Nembutal online Canberra ,

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK & HOW I GOT MY EX LOVER. BACK I want to thank Dr Omokpo for saving my marriage. My husband treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my husband has changed towards me. Then he told me to contact: {dromokpo@gmail.com}that he will help me bring my husband back to being a good man. That this great man helped her too.

    Then I gave him a try. after 3 days of casting the spell my husband came back home and I forgive him and today we are living in joy and happiness If you are going through any relationship stress or broken marriage situation and you want your Ex lover, Ex boyfriend, Ex girlfriend or Divorced husband or wife back you reach him via: dromokpo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY || CEPT DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY AND AUDIO SCRIPT

  Part 1 - LISTENING LISTEN AND SELECT ( Short listening – text answer ) For this question, choose the correct answer . Read the questio...