CEPT Practice C1 Level Short Listening about reading a book

 


You hear two friends discussing the topic of reading books in printed or electronic form.

Which aspect of their enjoyment of reading do the friends agree about?


A how much it depends on the quality of writing

B how convenient electronic books are

C how pleasant it is to own a printed book


c

h

e

c

k


y

o

u

r


a

n

s

w

e

r

s


Woman: What are you reading?

Man: It’s a novel … . quite gripping. Seeing me reading on my phone screen you’d never know what it was, would you? Anyway, it’s nothing too cultured … It being electronic is a plus if you don’t want people to see easily what you’re reading … . I mean, if it isn’t some great work of literature but something a bit trashy!

Woman: E-books have cured my terrible habit. I tend to skip bits. Especially if it’s a thriller. I’ll rush on, maybe 20 pages from where I am in the plot, just to give myself an idea of the ending. It can really spoil it though. But, I haven’t figured out how to do it on this electronic reader.

Man: These electronic books sure beat carrying heavy books around, and if you decide you’d like a particular book you can just get it immediately, as long as you have a Wi-fi connection. Though, there’s something about turning the pages and having a book in my hand that feels right.

Woman: And if you love a book, it stays on your shelf, like an old friend you can stop by and visit whenever you like.

Man: Of course e-books are always in your library too. They don’t get battered like my most treasured paperbacks do.


Answer - C


1 comment:

  1. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete

CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY || CEPT DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY AND AUDIO SCRIPT

  Part 1 - LISTENING LISTEN AND SELECT ( Short listening – text answer ) For this question, choose the correct answer . Read the questio...