CEPT Practice B1 Level multiple choice gap fill about grass

 


Grass

Grass is probably the most successful living plant in the world. There are over 9,000 different types of grasses and they are (1) ........................ in every region on the earth. They are the (2) ........................ flowering plants that can exist in the freezing (3) ........................ of the Arctic and the Antarctic.

Grasslands support a wide range of animal life, from tiny insects and birds to huge animals like cows and lions. All of them (4) ........................ on grass in one way or another.

Grass (5) ........................ very quickly after it is cut or (6) ......................... Unlike other plants, the new leaves grow from (7) ........................ the soil, not from the top of the plant. That is (8) ........................ large families of animals are able to live together in one area. As (9) ........................ as they have eaten all the grass there, a fresh meal is always (10) ........................ because the plants start to grow again.

1 A noticed B realised C caught D found

2 A single B one C only D special

3 A environment B scene C situation D background

4 A depend B build C turn D hang

5 A repeats B recovers C reduces D remains

6 A hurt B broken C injured D damaged

7 A beside B behind C below D beyond

8 A why B where C what D when

9 A fast B soon C quickly D often

10 A available B present C free D complete


c

h

e

c

k


y

o

u

r


a

n

s

w

e

r

s


1 D

2 C

3 A

4 A

5 B

6 D

7 C

8 A

9 B

10 A

3 comments:

  1. GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK.VIA: dromokpo@gmail.com

    This is my testimony of life that I will tell everyone. I have been married for 25 years Another woman had a spell to get me away from my lover, My husband left me and the children and we suffered for 2 years until I saw post about where this man Dr Omokpo has helped so many people recover their broken marriages and relationships to get their ex lovers back.
    I decided to send him a message about my broken marriage and family about how my husband left me and for him to help me bring back my loving husband home, This great man told me what to do and I followed him as he instructed. After 48 hours, as he told me, I saw a car enter the compound. I was shocked when I saw my husband. As I share my testimony with you my husband came back to me and the kids and that's why I'm so happy to introduce you all to meet this great man for solutions to your problems and bring your lover back to you and mend your broken marriage or your relationship restored back to happiness as you wished. Contact this great man via: dromokpo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK NOW OR GET YOUR BROKEN RELATIONSHIP, MARRIAGE RESTORED.

    I’m just upset that I have been in pain and crying for so long and many times. Thank you dromokpo@gmail.com
    I wished I would have found you earlier, you would have saved me from a lot of pain for the past five years my ex lover left me for another woman in just 2 days i contacted you Dr Omokpo you brought my broken relationship back
    I spent a small fortune enough to take my dream trip to South Carolina but what’s the point in taking a dream trip without the love of my life. Dr Omokpo has given me hope and his honesty is a breath of fresh air, I feel so good and heavy happiness in my heart to get my ex lover back. Who I thought he was gone forever. We are married now as I share my testimony with you. If you have broken relationship or broken marriage or you want to get your ex lover back kindly contact: dromokpo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article outlines the steps you should follow to help you to get the job done right, from laying the base, connecting joints and preventing weed growth. artificial grass wigan

    ReplyDelete

CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY || CEPT DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY AND AUDIO SCRIPT

  Part 1 - LISTENING LISTEN AND SELECT ( Short listening – text answer ) For this question, choose the correct answer . Read the questio...