CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST Practice A2 Level Short and Long Listening Training 1

 


How much does the man spend?


A ₤5.75


B ₤7.50


C ₤13.25



AUDIOSCRIPT

Narrator: How much does the man spend?


Man: Hello. Can I have two tickets for the new Pixar film which starts at 8:30, please?


Woman: Yes, of course. Are you students? Student tickets are £5.75 and you get a free drink too.


Man: I am, but my sister isn’t.


Woman: OK that’s £13.25 please. Adult tickets are £7.50 at the weekend.


c


h


e


c


k




y


o


u


r


a


n


s


w


e


r




C ₤13.25








Audioscript


Where is Justin S sister now?


Mum: Where's your sister, Justin? Dinner's nearly ready,


Boy: She was in her bedroom ... oh, I can hear her. She's coming down the stairs.


Mum: Good. Can you both put the plates, knives and forks on the dining-room table, please?


Boy: All right.



c


h


e


c


k




y


o


u


r




a


n


s


w


e


r




B - the stairs






LONG LISTENING


AUDIOSCRIPT

Jack: Hi Martin, Have you heard the new ‘Sunny Days’ song? I love the drums!


Martin: Yeah, it’s great! My brother has already learnt to play it on the piano and he knows all the words too! I’m learning to play it in my guitar class.


Jack: Cool! I’ve got an old guitar at home, but I can’t play it!


Martin: You should learn, Jack! I love it! I go to classes in the Old Music School with Steve from football. We’re in the same class. Our teacher, Peter, is fantastic! He used to play with the group The Tall Trees.


Jack: Really? Wow! They were a great band! Is there a class on Friday?


Martin: I don’t know. I go on Tuesdays now, but I have to change to Thursdays next term because I’ve just passed the Level 5 exams.


Jack: You must be very good. How often do you practise?


Martin: Every day! I spend an hour and sometimes two in my room and on Saturday mornings my band spends three hours practising. We’re called The Red Chillies!


Jack: Cool.


Martin: Actually, we’re playing in the town music festival on Saturday. I’ve got a free ticket. Do you want to come?


Jack: Yes! Thanks very much. Is it at the music school?


Martin: No. Last year it was in the music school, but this year it’s in the park, near the shopping centre. It’s going to be great. Can you bring your camera to take photos?


Jack: Of course! What time will you be on stage?


Martin: Well, I need to arrive at quarter past six and there’s a singing competition at quarter past seven, but I think we’re starting at quarter to eight.


Jack: OK. We can have dinner in the Street Café afterwards.


Martin: That sounds great. See you on


Saturday!


Jack: OK. Bye.



C


H


E


C


K




YOUR




A


N


S


W


E


R


S




1 B 


2 A 


3 C 


4 B 


5 C

No comments:

Post a Comment

CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY || CEPT DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY AND AUDIO SCRIPT

  Part 1 - LISTENING LISTEN AND SELECT ( Short listening – text answer ) For this question, choose the correct answer . Read the questio...