CEPT Practice B2 Level- Confusing pairs and false friends test 2

 


11. conduct / direct

Von Karajan will ________ the Berlin Symphonic Orchestra at the concert.

It took two policemen to ________ the traffic.

12. continuous / continual

She has been in ________ pain for three days.

I am getting fed up with her ________ complaints.

13. driver / chauffeur

The ________ brought the Rolls Royce to the hotel’s main entrance.

He’s got a job as a bus ________ .

14. formidable / wonderful

They had a ________ holiday by a lake in Sweden.

The castle is surrounded by ________ walls and gates.

15. fun / funny

I didn’t have much ________ on my birthday.

He made ________ faces and made the children laugh.

16. go / play

Shall we ________ jogging or swimming?

Neither. Let’s ________ tennis.

17. come along with / follow

Would you like to ________ me to the cinema tonight?

Make sure the dog doesn’t ________ me to the shops.

18. harm / damage

Don’t ________ my sunglasses if you borrow them.

He didn’t mean to ________ your little girl.

19. invent / discover

Did Alexander Fleming ________ penicillin?

When did she ________ the new computer terminal?

20. job / work

He goes to ________ every day on his bicycle.

She’s got a ________ in the supermarket.

21. kind / sympathetic

You should always be ________ to little children.

I’m very ________ to her problems.

22. lay / lie

I’m very tired; I’ll just go and ________ down for a few minutes.

My father is going to ________ a new carpet in the dining room.

23. lend / borrow

Can I ________ you car to go to the shops?

He asked me if I would ________ him £5 till Monday.


c

h

e

c

k


y

o

u

r


a

n

s

w

e

r

s


11. conduct / direct 

12. continuous /

continual 

13. chauffeur / driver 

14. wonderful /

formidable 

15. fun / funny 

16. go / play 

17. come

along with / follow 

18. damage / harm 

19.

discover / invent 

20. work / job 

21. kind /

sympathetic 

22. lie / lay 

23. borrow / lend


No comments:

Post a Comment

CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY || CEPT DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY AND AUDIO SCRIPT

  Part 1 - LISTENING LISTEN AND SELECT ( Short listening – text answer ) For this question, choose the correct answer . Read the questio...