CEPT Practice B2 Level- Confusing pairs and false friends test 3

 


24. nature / countryside

We must try to protect ________ and the environment.

The English ________ is beautiful in spring.

25. pass / take

She had to ________ her driving test three times before she was able to ________.

26. practice / practise

You need more ________ before you’re ready to take the exam.

Don’t forget to ________ your phrasal verbs.

27. priceless / valueless

Be very careful with that painting; it’s ________ .

Her jewels were all imitations; they were quite ________ .

28. principal / principle

She refuses to eat meat on ________ .

The ________ wants to see you in her office.

The country’s ________ products are paper and wood.

We talked about the ________s of nuclear physics.

29. raise / rise

Does the sun ________ in the east or the west?

The airline are going to ________ their fares again next year.

30. recipe / receipt

Goods cannot be exchanged unless a sales ________ is shown.

I gave her an Indian ________ book for her birthday.

31. remember / remind

Would you ________ me to finish early tonight?

Did you ________ to switch off the kitchen light?

32. scenery / view

I adore the beautiful ________ in the Lake District.

You can get a good ________ of the sea from the church tower.

33. sensible / sensitive

She’s very ________ and is easily upset.

Staying indoors was a ________ thing to do in this terrible weather.

34. take / bring

Can you ________ this cheque to the bank for me please?

Can I ________ my girlfriend here for tea?


c

h

e

c

k


y

o

u

r


a

n

s

w

e

r

s


 24. nature / countryside 

25. take / pass 

26. practice /

practise (in American English, practice can be both

a noun and a verb) 

27. priceless / valueless 

28. principle / principal / principal / principle 

29. rise / raise 

30. receipt / recipe 

31. remind / remember

32. scenery / view 

33. sensitive / sensible 

34. take / bring


1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, my name is Walter George I am so overwhelmed with joy all thanks to Dr. Wale spell. My Wife  left me for another man a few years back and I was very devastated because I never did anything wrong to her, I was left with my two kids and a job that pays little. I was almost giving up until I saw a testimony online about Dr. Wale and I decided to contact him. I explained my problem to him and he assured me I'll see a positive result after 24 hours, surprisingly my Wife came back the day after the spell begging me to forgive her and promised to never leave. My Wife has been back for 6 months now and we've never had any issues, am glad I didn't doubt Dr. Wale cause he sure can solve any problems with fast relief you can also contact him for help now WhatsApp/Text him: +1(978) 406-9575.

    ReplyDelete

CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY || CEPT DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY AND AUDIO SCRIPT

  Part 1 - LISTENING LISTEN AND SELECT ( Short listening – text answer ) For this question, choose the correct answer . Read the questio...