CEPT Practice B2 Level Listening Gap fill about Extreme Snowboarding


 

Extreme snowboarding

Brad says there are no (1) ............................. to warn extreme snowboarders of dangers.

Brad advises snowboarders always to follow the (2) ............................. when descending.

Brad always wears a (3) ............................. when he goes into the mountains.

According to Brad, you need a lot of (4) ............................. to set off down the mountain.

Brad particularly enjoys doing several (5) ............................. when he is going down a slope.

Brad says at first he found it difficult to do a good (6) ............................. on steep slopes.

Brad says you must never (7) ............................. if you feel you're about to fall.

Brad advises against putting your weight on your (8) ............................. in a fall.

Brad always carries a (9) ............................. in case he is in difficulty following a fall.

In the future, Brad would most like to try (10) ............................. snowboarding.


c

h

e

c

k


y

o

u

r


a

n

s

w

e

r

s


Audioscript

When you go extreme snowboarding, you head for the highest peaks and the steepest slopes, taking little more than a map and some basic survival equipment with you. Unlike in ski resorts,  you won't see any signs telling you there are rocks, or trees around, so it's up to you and your guide to make sure your route is as safe as possible. Of course, you should never attempt to go down a slope on your own. It's essential to be accompanied by a guide, who must go first every time as there may be no clear route down through the rocks and other dangers. They'll also show you the way up to your starting point, which may involve a long, difficult climb, and may wear a backpack containing supplies. I know some snowboarders like to take a helicopter up to the top, and that's quick and easy - though expensive - but I always prefer to go on foot. with a helmet on. of course. When you finally get up there, the view is always completely different from the way it looked from below. People say to me it must take a lot of courage to start going down such a steep slope, but if you've reached that point then you must be a pretty experienced snowboarder and what's really required is a tremendous amount of confidence. You never know exactly which way you're going to go or what you're going to encounter on your way down, and you often find yourself having to make split -second decisions, but that's part of the fun. !MW.. nothing Quite as exciting as suddenly having to perform a series of jumps as you descend. and then managing to stay on your feet afterwards. The ability to do that is obviously something that takes those new to extreme snowboarding quite some time to learn. And whereas doing a reasonably good take-off seems to come fairly naturally to most of us, landing is a more complex skill to acquire, as I found in my early days out on the mountain side.

Falling correctly is also something you need to practise, initially at low speed and on gentle slopes, and later in conditions more similar to those you'll encounter on the mountain. Rule one when you lose your balance is not to panic, or else you'll get tense and be far more likely to injure yourself than it you're relaxed and just let yourself go with the fall. Often the best thing to do is roll out of the fall, but it's natural to try to use your arms to try to slow yourself down and if you do so remember that elbows. If you fall on them, are much stronger and less likely to be injured than wrists. Following a high-speed fall, you might find yourself covered by some of the white stuff that has fallen with you. There may be just a few feet of it and you can usually pull yourself up to the surface, but if you can't you're in big trouble and that's why I'd never go down a slope without a small device fastened to my body that sends out a signal to the rescue services If I get buried. I know some safety experts recommend also taking a medical kit. but somehow I think that if I were buried under ice, my priority would be to get out or get rescued. I'm always looking for new challenges. Competition snowboarding was something I looked at, but there were just too many guys showing off. Teaching snowboarding is certainly something I might do one day, but what I really dream about is parachute snowboarding: going straight down a mountain, flying off a cliff and then floating down to the valley below. Now that's what I call extreme.


1 signs 

2 guide

3 helmet

4 confidence

5 jumps

6 landing

7 panic

8 wrist(s)

9 (small) device

10 parachute



2 comments:

  1. My name is Stephanie Janet .This is a very joyful day of my life because of the help PRIEST OSAS has rendered to me by helping me get my ex husband back with his magic and love spell. i was married for 6 years and it was so terrible because my husband was really cheating on me and was seeking for a divorce but when i came across PRIEST OSAS email on the internet on how he help so many people to get their ex back and help fixing relationship and make people to be happy in their relationship. I explained my situation to him and then sought his help but to my greatest surprise he told me that he will help me with my case and here I am now celebrating because my Husband has changed totally for good. He always wants to be by me and can not do anything without my present. I am really enjoying my marriage, what a great celebration. I will keep on testifying on the internet because PRIEST OSAS  is truly a real spell caster. DO YOU NEED HELP THEN CONTACT PRIEST OSAS NOW VIA EMAIL:Unsurpassed.solution@gmail.com or call WhatsApp +1(419) 359-4367  He is the only answer to your problem and make you feel happy in your relationship
    https://unsurpassedsolution.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don’t know the right words to express my gratitude to this great man Dr. Erayo, After been diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. i was given so many health prescription and advice with no improvement, I totally lost hope, until i found testimonies of Great Dr. Erayo online research and on Facebook, Like anybody would be, I was very skeptical about contacting him, but i later did and he opened up to me and told me what was involved and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, I was cured from herpes by the herbal medication I received from him. I never thought that herpes can be cured, from the bottom of my heart I'm truly grateful, i pray you have long life so you can help many more people on earth with your herbal medical support. You can reach him via email; drerayoherbalhome@gmail.com or for easy and fast communication you can also call or add him on whatsapp with this mobile number +2348151937428. one thing i love most about Dr Erayo is honesty, and he is very polite with his patients, everything he told me was what he did, and his herbal medicine are very affordable.
    He also cure the below listed sickness;
    (1) HPV,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) HEPATITIS B,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    https://alternativeherbs.weebly.com
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp2m-_EHnCRQT4gYYTQWtg
    https://rb.gy/yuofn6

    ReplyDelete

CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY || CEPT DEMO WITH ANSWER KEY AND AUDIO SCRIPT

  Part 1 - LISTENING LISTEN AND SELECT ( Short listening – text answer ) For this question, choose the correct answer . Read the questio...